I was pretty excited today to see that one of my favorite blogs, A New Path for Old Hooves, was not only nominated for a Liebster Award but that Katie and her owner included me in the list of bloggers she wanted to nominate! I’ve only been at this for a few weeks, but Katie was one of the first blogs I followed. I love to check in with her every morning and see what advice this spunky little miniature horse is doling out. Thanks for the nomination, Katie!
1. Favorite music. My husband will tell you that every time a song comes on the radio that I like, I will say it is my favorite song.
2. favorite color and why. Red. I truly don’t know why. It has always been red, from the time I was a child.
3. How many pets do you have? 1 cat, 2 dogs, and 25 chicks arriving this week. No more fish, even if they are free. Especially if they are free!
4. What is your big dream? See my previous post about why my blog is named the Sunday Dinner Farm.
5. Have you been to a foreign land? Where? Why? I haven’t. I would love to visit Ireland, to take some of my brother’s ashes there.
6. Where were you born? In the same hospital where I delivered 2 of my 3 children.
7. What do you want your blog to accomplish? I want this blog to keep me moving toward our dream and chronicle our homesteading adventures along the way.
8. What was your first job? My first job was at one of my father’s businesses once I was old enough to work. He wouldn’t give me the job until I could count change back properly without using the register or calculator.
9. what do you consider your greatest accomplishment? My children. And being at my mother’s side as she fought the cancer that killed her. Caring for her when she needed it will always be the hardest things I have ever done, but I will never regret it.
10. What are your goals for 2013? Keep the chickens alive.
11. What is your favorite state, and why? Pennsylvania. It is home and my heart is here. When my husband decided to leave the military to watch our children grow up, we knew we were coming home. The only other place I would ever live is back in Montana.
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. What color socks are you wearing?
2. What is your favorite book. Why?
3. Can you drive stick shift?
4. Name your most embarrassing high school memory.
5. Have you ever had a “free” fish? Was it still alive a week later?
6.If you could choose to vacation by yourself for a week, with unlimited funds, where and what would you choose?
7. I dip my pickles in milk. What bizarre food choice/habit do you have?
8. What is the most important advice you would give to your 18 year old self?
9. Have you ever sung karaoke?
10. What is your bowling average?
11. Who shot JR.?